Peter Hützen has been practicing law since 2000 and advises domestic and foreign companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law.
The focus of his work as a lawyer is on the restructuring and reorganisation of companies and businesses under employment law, especially in the area of insolvency. The focus of his advisory work is also the interface between employment and data protection law. His expertise in occupational pension law and his know-how with regard to employment contracts are also in great demand.
His clients include in particular companies from the automotive supply and engineering industries, the IT industry, and the banking and financial services sector.
Peter Hützen publishes and regularly lectures on labour law subjects. He is the editor of ZInsO, a member of Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im DAV (Working Group on Labour Law of the German Bar Association), the Deutscher Arbeitsgerichtsverband e.V. (German Labour Court Association) and the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA).
- German, English
»One of the best attorneys in Germany for 2017 in the area of employment law«
WirtschaftsWoche Top Law Firm Ranking 2017
- Industrial relations law
- Transaction plans
- Compliance under employment law
- Data protection under employment law
- Employment contract law
- Lecturer on employment law at Fresenius University of Applied Sciences in Cologne
- Counsel at the international law firm Bird & Bird LLP until 2015
- Salary partner at law firm Oppenhoff & Partner until 2010
- Associate / Managing Associate of the international corporate law firm Linklaters LLP until 2007
- Lawyer with Oppenhoff & Rädler until 2001
- Admission to the bar, 2000
- Second state examination in law
- Internship with Graf v. Westphalen, Lufthansa AG
- Work abroad for the German-American Chamber of Commerce in Atlanta, USA
- First state examination in law in Cologne
- Degree in law (University of Cologne)
- Professional training as a banker