Jan-Ove Becker is partner at vangard in Hamburg. He primarily advises international companies from the technology and media sectors, and is considered to be a fast and solution-oriented consultant who places great importance on providing a good level of service. The enthusiastic Ironman triathlete sees himself as a management consultant, and therefore always keeps an eye on economic impacts. His focus is on restructuring, which includes post-merger integration, co-determination rights and works constitution law.
- German, English
- International employment law
- Co-determination rights and collective bargaining law
- Data protection under employment law
- Transaction plans
- Attorney at GRIEBE Rechtsanwälte law firm
- Admitted to the bar as an attorney, 2012
- Research associate with Taylor Wessing (employment law section)
- Research associate with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (employment pension benefits)
- Internship in Hamburg, Berlin and New York, among other work assignments with the HR department of the Gruner & Jahr publishing company and at the leading US law firm Paul Hastings LLP.
- Editor of the journal KTS – Zeitschrift für Insolvenzrecht (pub. Wolters Kluwer)
- Studied law at the University of Hamburg with a focus on employment law
- Completed internship with the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, concentrating on employment law, with postings to Hamburg, Berlin and New York
Jan-Ove Becker is one of the »Best Lawyers in Germany« in the area of employment law
Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers, 2020 - 2022
Jan-Ove Becker is regarded as »fast and solution-focused«
Legal 500 2018
Jan-Ove Becker is President of the Labour Law Commission at the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
Jan-Ove Becker is a member of the German-American Lawyers Association (DAJV), the employment law working group of the German Bar Association and numerous other national lawyers' associations.